Articles and Opinion Submissions
By• February 22, 2009
Submissions are welcome and encouraged here at GodDiscussion.com! We accept materials for the following categories:
- Ethnic and Alternative Religions;
- New Age and Spirituality;
- Cults and Toxic Religion; and
- Faith, generally.
- Theistic Freethought; and
- Opinions (on politics and news – we might co-post this material in the culture war section if your submission is an essay that we think will fit there).
- History and Research for the Perspectives Section;
- Book and Movie Reviews;
- Short Stories and Poems.
When submitting a post, click the BLOGGERS AND COLUMNISTS option and 1 of the above sections.
If you are submitting a press release, we have a separate section for that. We also offer a forum for material that might not fit as a blog post.
Submissions are pending and will not be published until they have been reviewed by editors of our various sections before publication. If you are new to WordPress, we have a "how to" page that shows you everything from how to log in, how to write and publish a post, how to add hyperlinks, and how to add videos. The "how to" page has numerous screenshots to help you out.
The Basic Rules
- Submissions must be relevant to religion, God, and church and state issues.
- You are welcome to include a hyperlink to your website in a submission.
- Material that is quoted from a website must have a link to its source and cannot be a huge copy/paste of someone else's work. DO NOT BE COPYING AND PASTING NEWS ARTICLES.
- Your submission should be 250 words or more.
- Please review the Terms and Policies page for further guidelines.
- All submissions are subject to editorial review. We reserve the right to reject a submission for any reason.
How to Submit an Article.
- Register as a contributor to the site. A password will be sent to your email address, so supply a valid email address.
- Once Registered, Log In to the administrative area of the site. You can log in using the link provided at the beginning of this sentence or by accessing the log in link that is on the right panel of each page on the site.
- You will see a "User" settings link in the left column. You may change your password in the "Your Profile" section.
- Please provide a first and last name (pen name is okay) in the "Your Profile" section. We prefer that you provide a brief bio.
- To Add an Article, click "Add Post" and write your article. If you have pre-written an article, you can paste it into the "Add Post" screen. For best formatting, copy and paste from Notepad.
- If you want to add a YouTube video, use the embed code (not the URL, but the embed code) provided by YouTube. The size should be no larger than 560 px width.
- Select the "Bloggers" category on the right hand side.
- Tags are automatically created.
- Preview Your Article to make sure that there are no typos and that it is formatted correctly.
- When Your Article is Completed, click the "Save for Review" button. We will review it as soon as possible. Check back frequently to see it published.
- Attract More Readers by submitting your article to all of the social bookmarking networks shown in the "Share and Enjoy" section that follows each post.