The God Discussion Show is a 2-hour live podcast aired on Blog Talk Radio on Thursday nights. As host and producer Deborah Beeksma says, "God is a big subject, so just about anything goes." The show explores religion, politics, free thought, the new age, theology and the arts from an "unchurched" point of view. With a wide range of guests, spanning from the Westboro Baptist Church to the American Atheists — and just about everything in between — the conversation takes many different paths, offering fresh and unique insights and opinions that entertain, educate and inspire.
Co-hosts include Dakota O'Leary, HD, and when he is available from long work hours, Adam McConnell.
Dakota O'Leary is a freethinker, and often sassy, scholar of theology and literature. She got her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Theology from the State University of New York College at Buffalo, and her Master of Arts degree in Theology and Literature from Antioch University-Midwest.
“HD” — who runs the Honest Discussioner channel on YouTube — is a philosopher of sorts. HD is an agnostic atheist who has been discussing religion on the Internet in multiple forums for over two years. His favorite topics range from discussions on Free Will to modern neuroscience and enjoys challenging but respectful debates.
Adam McConnell (also known as the Man of Earth) is a biologist by education and trade. Adam became involved in the culture war via YouTube in 2008 and runs a channel called Russell's Flying Pigdedicated to secular activism, anti-theism, pro-choice advocacy, and defense of science education.
All shows begin with a news segment with co-hosts Adam McConnell (who is known on YouTube as The Man of Earth) and Dakota O'Leary.
The live show begins at 6:00 p.m. Pacific, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 8:00 p.m. Central and 9:00 p.m. Eastern. Generally, the broadcast lasts 2 hours, unless three hours have been reserved due to guest or topic popularity. To hear the show live, visit BlogTalkRadio.com/god-discussion. Click the name of the show title and you will hear it stream from your computer speakers.
During the live broadcast, callers may phone in at any time or they may participate in the web-based chat which runs while the show is broadcasting.
- Call-in line: 914-338-0452.
- The chat room is accessible while the show is airing on the God Discussion channel on Blog Talk Radio. Go to our main page at http://www.BlogTakRadio.com/god-discussion. Click the link for the live show in process and you should see the chat room on the bottom of the page. To participate in the chat room, Blog Talk Radio requires that you register first. You can create an anonymous username and will then need to verify your account by email. If you simply want to watch that chat and not type in comments, then no registration is necessary.
Links of Interest —
- Contact form – Let us know if you would like to be a guest on the show. If you want to discuss a book you authored, you must send a copy of the book by mail or as a PDF download. This is arranged after initial contact.
- You can listen to the archives on via Blog Talk Radio or download the MP3 from iTunes. For your convenience, recent show archives can also be accessed via the widget on the bottom of this and every other page on the site.
- Our YouTube Channel – We are adding the shows, with the chat room transcripts, to YouTube.
Time Zones: The live show begins at 6:00 p.m. PACIFIC time. The clock below is set for Pacific time. Compare it with your current time.
Pacific: 6:00 p.m. | Mountain: 7:00 p.m. | Central: 8:00 p.m. | Eastern: 9:00 p.m. (see time zone map)
Current PACIFIC Time