Mexican child permanently blind after Satanic ritual during which his mother removed his eyes
By D. Beeksma
On June 9, 2012 At 12:36 pm
Responses : 3 Comments
- Jersey Senate President Sweeney will not allow gay marriage on ballotDecember 12, 2012
- Rick Perry states goal as outlawing all access to abortionDecember 12, 2012
- Pope Benedict XVI jumps into twitter, sends first message to digital flockDecember 12, 2012
- From fact to fiction, archaeologist who found Titanic will search for Noah's ArkDecember 11, 2012
- Boy Scouts of America lose another sponsor as Merck jumps shipDecember 11, 2012
On May 25, we reported on a gruesome story that emerged from Mexico in which a mother removed her 5-year-old son's eyeballs during what was reported to be a Satanic ritual. At that time, it was reported that she had allegedly used a spoon to mutilate her son.
The child, identified as Fernando, was released on Wednesday from a Mexico City hospital after nearly two weeks of care.
Doctors say he has no hope of recovering his vision. A hospital spokesman told reporters that, "Because this happened early in the child's life, he knows that he can't see, but he is still not conscious of the fact that his vision loss is permanent. This will require a constant therapeutic process which will be attended to by the corresponding medical authorities in Mexico state."
Reuters reports that Fernando's mother (pictured above) is believed to have removed his eyes with her bare hands during a Satanic ritual. Eight people were arrested in connection with the attack, including the boy's mother and grandparents.
(The news video will load in 1-2 seconds.)
One of the growing crowd of American "nones" herself, Deborah is a prolific writer who finds religion, spirituality and the impact of belief (and non-belief) on culture inspiring, fascinating and at times, disturbing. She hosts the God Discussion show and handles the site's technical work. Her education and background is in business, ecommerce and law.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
Current poll: What do you think about religious displays on government property during the holiday season? During Christmas, should government be endorsing the Christian religion or do you care? Take a second to vote in our current poll.
Ghosts of Christmas Past? On Dec. 14, join us for a trip into the paranormal, with internationally-acclaimed supernatural thriller author Chandler McGrew and demonologist/exorcist Kirby Robinson on the God Discussion show.
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- This week on the God Discussion show — Ghosts of Christmas past? A journey into the paranormal.
- In an alternative to tracking Santa's journey, Christian developer creates online application to track the number of souls reading about Jesus
- Jersey Senate President Sweeney will not allow gay marriage on ballot
- Rick Perry states goal as outlawing all access to abortion
- Pope Benedict XVI jumps into twitter, sends first message to digital flock
- Reproductive health bill advancing in Catholic-dominated Philippines
- Free online anime movie tells the Hanukkah story in a fun and original style
- From fact to fiction, archaeologist who found Titanic will search for Noah's Ark
- Boy Scouts of America lose another sponsor as Merck jumps ship