A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
On May 2, 2012 At 11:45 pm
Responses : No Comments
- Former priest pays to promote message that the Catholic church is evilJanuary 1, 2013
- After Death …December 30, 2012
- The End of God TalkDecember 27, 2012
- American pastor blames mass murder of children on 'British redcoats' Richard Dawkins and Christopher HitchensDecember 18, 2012
- Shopping With Satan: Grocery Store EvangelistsDecember 3, 2012
The first collection of essays from renowned scientist and best-selling author Richard Dawkins. Richard Dawkins's essays are an enthusiastic testament to the power of rigorous, scientific examination, and they span many different corners of his personal and professional life. He revisits the meme, the unit of cultural information that he named and wrote about in his groundbreaking work The Selfish Gene. He makes moving tributes to friends and colleagues, including a eulogy for novelist Douglas Adams; he shares correspondence with the evolutionary biologist Stephen Jay Gould; and he visits with the famed paleoanthropologists Richard and Maeve Leakey at their African wildlife preserve. He concludes the essays with a vivid note to his ten-year-old daughter, reminding her to remain curious, to ask questions, and to live the examined life.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
Is teaching children that they will burn in hell a form of abuse? That's our question in this week's poll. It only takes a second to vote.
Join award-winning author and former NPR freelance journalist Janet Heimlich on the God Discussion show with Al and Deborah on Friday, January 18. Janet reveals the dark side of religion in BREAKING THEIR WILL: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment.
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- Alleged meth dealing priest arrested in Connecticut in drug ring bust; liked sex in rectory according to sources
- If you hear God talking to you, you're not crazy says academic researcher
- A tug-of-war over God: Non-Muslims in Malaysia banned from using the word "Allah" despite 2009 high court ruling
- According to Texas public school bible classes, races come from Noah, earth 6000 years old
- Abuse charges filed against Pastor who advocates corporal punishment
- Educational forum and protests against hereditary religion to take place worldwide on Sunday
- Religious child maltreatment this week on the God Discussion Show: Janet Heimlich, author of Breaking Their Will
- The Spirituality of Gun Control
- Hope Beyond Hell — The Righteous Purpose of God's Judgment