Christian friends of Christopher Hitchens say he's in for a 'big surprise' now that he's dead
By Dakota O'Leary
On December 16, 2011 At 6:07 pm
Responses : 3 Comments
- Death and suffering for the glory of God?November 5, 2012
- American History, Politics And The Religious RightOctober 23, 2012
- Religion puts humanity in a place of degradationOctober 19, 2012
- Conservative author Dinesh D'Souza resigns from Kings College after scandal with married womanOctober 19, 2012
- Author Gore Vidal dead from pneumonia complicationsAugust 1, 2012
Christians Bill Bennett and Rick Warren are getting the last word in. They say that now that Christopher Hitchens, world famous atheist, author and journalist is dead, he can finally see God. At least, that's what the inference is.
Rick Warren tweeted the following today:
@RickWarren Rick WarrenMy friend Christopher Hitchens has died. I loved & prayed for him constantly & grieve his loss. He knows the Truth now.
Raw Story reports that Bill Bennett got his two cents in as well: “He was left, I was right, but we had great debates, great drinking bouts,” conservative radio host Bill Bennett said on CBS Thursday. “And I hope as the big atheist that he was, he’s in for a big surprise.”
As we reported earlier today, Hitchens died at 62 from cancer. The below video shows Bill Bennett's remarks about Hitchens:
Dakota O'Leary is a freethinker, and often sassy, scholar of theology and literature. She got her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Theology from the State University of New York College at Buffalo, and her Master of Arts degree in Theology and Literature from Antioch University-Midwest. She is a contributing writer focusing on eschatology, biblical prophecy, and general religious news. Dakota is a co-host of the God Discussion radio show, offering insight to the news stories of the week. We like to call her "our in-house Biblical prophecy expert" as her articles on eschatology have received over 200,000 views on God Discussion.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
Current poll: Do you know anyone who believes the world will end December 21, 2012? Take a second and let us know in our current poll.
Ghosts of Christmas Past? On Dec. 14, join us for a trip into the paranormal, with internationally-acclaimed supernatural thriller author Chandler McGrew and demonologist/exorcist Kirby Robinson on the God Discussion show.
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- Pope and Palestinian Authority president meet at the Vatican
- Existence of Bigfoot called more likely than homosexual orientation
- Allegations of racism and bigotry befall Pennsylvania school board member
- An estimated 150,000 gather in France for same-sex marriage adoption rally
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sustains concussion from fainting
- Fallout from Connecticut shooting taking many forms
- Grieving Newtown, CT search for peace in their church–only to have phony bomb threat on church called in
- Newtown, CT holds interfaith candlelight vigil for shooting victims; President Obama speaks as a grieving parent
- Westboro Baptist Church to protest funerals of victims of shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School; Anonymous responds