This week's poll: What do you think about the Occupy Wall Street / 99% Movement?
On October 16, 2011 At 5:44 pm
Responses : 8 Comments
What started on September 17 as a relatively small demonstration in Lower Manhattan has blossomed into a global revolution where the main focus is against corporate greed and corporate influence in government. At GodDiscussion.com, we have been reporting on this movement from the very beginning because of its contrast with the Christian nationalist views being presented by the Religious Right. Individual writers on the site might have opinions about the Occupy movement, but the site itself does not currently endorse or condemn it.
The New York movement has published an initial list of issues, but the demonstrations as a whole do not have specific goals or leaders.
Where do you think this movement is headed?
Our unscientific poll allows for up to four selections, and will remain open until the early morning of Sunday, October 23. Comments are welcome and wanted, especially for those who vote "other." If it is your first time commenting on the site, your comment is held in moderation. Once your very first comment is approved, all the rest should automatically publish so long as they comply with our terms and conditions.
Thanks in advance for voting!
What do you think about the Occupy Wall Street (aka 99%) movement? (You can select up to 4 answers)
- I support it but have not participated in any demonstrations. (53%, 21 Votes)
- This movement reflects a change in mass consciousness, and I love it, no matter what it does. (45%, 18 Votes)
- The movement is in its infancy and as it matures, will produce a plan that can make a difference. (35%, 14 Votes)
- I admire the uprising, but think it needs to be more focused. (30%, 12 Votes)
- Unless the movement works with mobilizing the vote, like the Christian right is doing, nothing will be accomplished. (23%, 9 Votes)
- They have nice 'woo-woo' ideals that will never happen in real life. (13%, 5 Votes)
- The powers that be are going to shut down the movement's Internet access in order to kill it. (10%, 4 Votes)
- I am all for it and have participated in a demonstration.. (10%, 4 Votes)
- It is a short-lived movement that will eventually fizzle out. (10%, 4 Votes)
- All of the chaos that it is creating will result in more of a police state than ever before, and possibly the imposition of martial law. (8%, 3 Votes)
- I'm all for protests and free speech, but I do not like the litter, extra police expense and inconvenience for others that they are creating. (8%, 3 Votes)
- Other (please comment below). (8%, 3 Votes)
- I have mixed feelings. (5%, 2 Votes)
- It's a bunch of crazy liberals wanting my money. (5%, 2 Votes)
- I do not see the purpose of it. (5%, 2 Votes)
- It's an excuse for people to not show up for work in order to party with free food and donations. (5%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 40