The Church of Scientology can now easily blanket the world with its booklets, posters, flyers, magazines and more, thanks to its new "International Dissemination and Distribution Center" in Los Angeles. Among other things, the center has:
- A new state-of-the-art 121 ton press, fed with rolls of paper that are 10 miles long;
- The capacity to have 1 dozen publications rolling out month after month in English, Japanese, German, Russian or various other languages without missing a beat;
- The ability to print 55,000 pages of Scientology materials an hour, which is the equivalent of twice the contents of a public library every 24 hours;
- The capacity to print enough posters in one hour to reach every subway station in every major city on earth;
- A machine to address, sort and seal 150,000 pieces in an 8 hour shift that is hard-wired directly into the US Postal Service, with a postal representative on site.
All of this is housed in a 185,000-square-foot center.