The Douay Rheims Bible, Challoner Revision, with book and chapter navigation (Kindle)
On June 15, 2010 At 6:32 am
Responses : No Comments
- Religion puts humanity in a place of degradationOctober 19, 2012
- This Week's God Discussion Show: Death, the Light and Satan.July 16, 2012
- Godless billboard goes up in Omaha Nebraska and believers do not like itJuly 11, 2012
- Freedom From Religion Foundation releases ad, featuring Julia Sweeney, against Catholic bishopsJune 26, 2012
- The Secular Coalition for America prepares to lobby Missouri legislatureJune 21, 2012
This Kindle version of "The Douay-Rheims Bible, the Challoner Revision", is special in that it has book and chapter navigation links. In just a few clicks, you can be reading any verse in the bible that you want.
For example, if you wish to select John 3:16, you would:
* go to the "Table of Contents",
* click "Forward to New Testament" on the top of the page,
* select the book of John, and then
* select chapter "3" at the top of the page with the Kindle 5-way controller.
You then are reading chapter 3 of John, and can scroll down to verse 16.
Additionally, at the top of each book, you can choose to go to the previous or next books of the bible. You can also go to the "Table of Contents" by selecting "Home".
This Challoner revision has notes embedded inline with the verses of the bible. These notes are generally attributed to Bishop Challoner.
View full-size screen shot images of the first pages of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on Amazon's product gallery page at http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B001A82B5I/
Questions, comments ~~> Contact the publisher at info@DianaDoesIt.com
Free samples ~~> Visit www.DianaDoesIt.com
User Ratings and Reviews
5 Stars Excellent
As a rule, reference books, even with an "active table of contents" are a nightmare on the kindle to use, unless you read them cover to cover. This system of a staggered table of contents NEEDS to be associated into every reference book and collection currently on the kindle store. It allows easy access to any part of the work in not much more time than it would take to flip to it with a physical book. Definetly worth the money to be actually able to use your bible on your kindle, not just look at it.
As for the bible itself, not just the formatting, I am equally pleased. But then, the Douay-Rheims really needs no introduction from me. Google it if you don't know what it is.
1 Star Misspellings, OK… missing chapter? NO!
I overlooked the misspellings here and there, but when I got to the Book of Job and Job 25 was totally missing, I said "NO"!
5 Stars downloadable
Purchased for my Kindle. Now I can read whenever I want without lugging a heavy tome.
5 Stars Excellent Bible for the Kindle
A very well done, digital version of the Douay-Rheims Bible. Quick to navigate, easy to read and with commentary. Some might not care for the commentary but I found it insightful and helpful. All in all a great deal for the Old and New Testaments.
5 Stars It's the bible.
It's the bible so how can you truly rate it. I gave it 5 stars because it's Kindle friendly.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
This week's poll: Will humankind ever evolve beyond war? Take a second to vote in our current poll.
Dimensions, with Sheri Lawson: The spiritual path and Mayan calendar are Sheri's topics for the New Age segment of the God Discussion show on December 4.
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- Parents who killed their child for not reading the bible have been arrested
- Firearms classes offered by Texas church to fend off imaginary Mexican enemies
- Republican Congressman refuses service to Muslim couple in his restaurant
- Creationist Indiana GOP Senator demands teachers prove evolution
- Blasphemy laws to be revoked in the Netherlands
- Atheist oaths proposed for UK Boy Scouts
- Republican Senate votes against UN disabilities rights treaty
- Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli's extremist views
- Baptist Pastor still in hot water over sexual assault suit