Man Made god comprises a series of fascinating articles from the author of the classic best-seller The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets. Extraordinary independent scholar of comparative religion and mythology Barbara G. Walker takes us through a riveting journey back in time to when the Goddess and her consort/son ruled supreme, into the era when the patriarchy usurped Her worship, right up to Barbara's own personal experience being raised a Christian.
In this remarkable collection, Walker turns a critical eye towards:
* Religion as big business
* Religion's effects on children
* The Bible as a "moral guide" and "history"
* Biblical infallibility
* The doctrine of "original sin"
* The biblical attitude towards sexuality
* God as "Father"
* Church doctrine regarding women
* Click the link above for more information.