America's young people are saying "no" to organized religion. 72% of the Millennials say that they are spiritual, but not religious. According to USA Today's analysis,
- Among the 65% who call themselves Christian, "many are either mushy Christians or Christians in name only. Most are just indifferent."
- 65% rarely or never pray with others, and 38% almost never pray by themselves either.
- 65% rarely or never attend worship services.
- 67% don't read the Bible or sacred texts.
- Many are unsure Jesus is the only path to heaven: Half say yes, half no.
Among those who believe in Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as their savior:
- 68% did not mention faith, religion or spirituality when asked what was "really important in life."
- 50% do not attend church at least weekly.
- 36% rarely or never read the Bible.