Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse – The Recognizing and Escaping Spiritual Manipulation and False Spiritual Authority Within the Church
On March 27, 2010 At 6:32 am
Category : Books: Society, Extremism, Cults, The Culture War; Social Issues
Tags : Amp, Breakthrough Book, Christian Believer, Church Leaders, Churches, Counselors, Denominations, Emotional Knowledge, Faith, Free Bondage, Freedom, Guilt, Hopeless Despair, Interpretation Of The Scriptures, Pastors, People, Right On Target, Spiritual Abuse, Spiritual Authority, Spiritual Manipulation, Subtle Power
Responses : No Comments
- NYC con artists tell elderly to pay up or be cursedApril 24, 2013
- Resolution to legalize same-sex marriage passes Nevada SenateApril 23, 2013
- Illinois Pastors balk at registration fee, calling it a 'tax.'April 16, 2013
- POSSLQs lasting longer in the United StatesApril 9, 2013
- Thirteen percent of US Citizens think Obama is the Anti-ChristApril 4, 2013
User Ratings and Reviews
5 Stars A "must have" for every Christian believer
I am pleased to now own a copy of The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse. I can only imagine the wealth of healing and emotional knowledge this book has to offer.
5 Stars Required reading for the spiritually hurt
A great book clearly and simply written. A must read for anyone who has ever questioned their faith and/or salvation due to possible false teaching and "twisted interpretation" of the scriptures by church leaders. This book also seems to define Legalism as accurately as anything I've ever read. It will make you take a good look at your own legalistic thoughts and beliefs, even those who may think they may not have any. This book was written several years ago, however, Spiritual Abuse is still a big problem within all denominations and is becoming even more prominent today. This book will help people to understand this problem and hopefully heal others who have experienced this personally.
5 Stars A desperately needed book!
I can't say enough about this book; I hope many wounded souls will find comfort and freedom in the pages. Many well-intentioned pastors and counselors magnify the damage in people coming to them seeking help & actually increase their burden to the point of hopeless despair. This should be a must read for anyone who seeks to counsel another person.
5 Stars Set Me Free
This is excellent and right on target if you have ever been in spiritual abuse. It has released me, to be free from the bondage of this kind of abuse!
5 Stars The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse
The authors define the problems faced by Christians. I have not yet read about the solutions to these problems, but the book is detailed enough that I expect solutions that produce beneficial results.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
Current poll: Have you had a near death experience? Vote here.
HOPE AND SCIENCE -- in this week's live talk shows. Update - add history to that list!
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- New Jersey middle school says strapless prom dresses will distract the boys, bans them
- NYC con artists tell elderly to pay up or be cursed
- Howard Philips, co-founder of "Moral Majority" and architect of Christian Right dead at 72
- An eye for an eye: the problem of the Boston marathon bombers, vengeance and God
- Planned Canadian Terrorist attack foiled with the help of Muslims
- Resolution to legalize same-sex marriage passes Nevada Senate
- US Officials say Boston bombing suspects motivated by religion
- France to take final step in marriage equality
- Richard Dawkins: Long term psychological damage done to children by religion worse than sexual abuse by priests