The Hopi are a Native American people of just under 10,000 who live on their own lands, and an additional 7,000 who live elsewhere in the world. Their population in the United States consists of twelve villages in three separate regions, each called a 'Mesa.'
As is with many Native American people groups, the Hopi are a matrilineal society, organized in clans where individual membership serves to establish their respective responsibilities within the community.
Of interest is their prophecy, which has been cited by many New Agers and covered extensively in print and through documentaries.
To sum up, the Hopi ceremonies will end when a 'Kachina' takes off his mask. Afterward, ceremonies will cease for a while, as will all exhibitions of their spirituality. After such a time has passed, faith will be restored, ceremonies will continue and a new life cycle will start for the tribe.
This is where the propehcy gets interesting.
According to research done by Mobius Rex:
World War III will be started by those peoples who first revealed the light (the divine wisdom or intelligence) in the other old countries (India, China, Islamic Nations, Africa.)
The United States will be destroyed, land and people, by atomic bombs and radioactivity. Only the Hopis and their homeland will be preserved as an oasis to which refugees will flee. Bomb shelters are a fallacy. "It is only materialistic people who seek to make shelters. Those who are at peace in their hearts already are in the great shelter of life. There is no shelter for evil. Those who take no part in the making of world division by ideology are ready to resume life in another world, be they Black, White, Red, or Yellow race. They are all one, brothers."
The war will be "a spiritual conflict with material matters. Material matters will be destroyed by spiritual beings who will remain to create one world and one nation under one power, that of the Creator."
That time is not far off. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask. He represents a blue star, far off and yet invisible, which will make its appearance soon. The time is foretold by a song sung during the Wuwuchim ceremony. It was sung in 1914 just before World War I, and again in 1940 before World War II, describing the disunity, corruption, and hatred contaminating Hopi rituals, which were followed by the same evils spreading over the world.
This same song was sung in 1961 during the Wuwuchim ceremony.
The Emergence to the future Fifth World has begun. It is being made by the humble people of little nations, tribes, and racial minorities. "You can read this in the earth itself. Plant forms from previous worlds are beginning to spring up as seeds [as described in SW-II, Effects and Coming Events # 1]. This could start a new study of botany if people were wise enough to read them. The same kinds of seeds are being planted in the sky as stars. The same kinds of seeds are being planted in our hearts. All these are the same, depending how you look at them. That is what makes the Emergence to the next, Fifth World.
Rex's research is exhaustive, and a click of the link will reveal an intricately woven tale that is sure to hold the attention of even the most discerning student of American spiritual lore.
- "This is the First Sign: We were told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana — men who took the land that was not theirs and who struck their enemies with thunder. (Guns)
- "This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. (Covered wagons)
- "This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. (Longhorn cattle)
- "This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron. (Railroad tracks)
- "This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web. (Power and telephone lines)
- "This is the Sixth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun. (Concrete roads and their mirage-producing effects.)
- "This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it. (Oil spills)
- "This is the Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like our people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn our ways and wisdom. (Hippies)
- "And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of the Hopi people will cease.
Native American spirituality is as diverse and rich with tradition as are many other pagan-centric faiths throughout the world. The Hopi, while representing just one of these, is likely one of the most detailed and better known among those who follow these faiths.
Much like many religions that boast an end-times prophecy, the Hopi Prophecy makes a valid point about how our species interacts not only with one another, but with the planet, including our environment, and how we are all connected and that our actions and activities effect every living thing on earth.
Bottom line, there are consequences that science has determined we will reap if we continue to ravage our home. Whether your point of view is spiritual or scientifically based, the end result is less than desirable.
Here is an academic video, produced by New Mexico PBS: