Man who posted illicit pictures on Reddit loses job, says activities were mistake.
By Al Stefanelli
On October 19, 2012 At 8:24 am
Responses : 2 Comments
- Baptist Pastor still in hot water over sexual assault suitDecember 4, 2012
- Sole Mississippi abortion clinic faces closure in JanuaryNovember 29, 2012
- State of Arizona designs website to convince women not to have abortionsNovember 27, 2012
- Fundamentalist Mormon polygamist Warren Jeffs remains at the helm from prisonNovember 21, 2012
- Mentally challenged child implicated in Pakistani blasphemy case exoneratedNovember 20, 2012
Michael Brutsch, known as 'Violentcrez' on the Internet website 'Reddit,' says he has made a huge mistake. Brutcsh had posted pictures of scantily clad young girls on the popular Internet forum, Reddit. He had also hosted sub-forums with names such as 'Rapebait,' 'Incest,' 'Rape Jokes,' 'Choke a Bitch,' and 'Pics of Dead Kids.' Brutcsh is married, with a stepdaughter and a son who are both serving in the US Military.
For his efforts, the 49-year-old software programmer has lost his job of seven years afer his employer learned of his activities. CNN reports that his forums have generated more than three-quarters of a million subscribers and has been at the center of a controversy regarding the liability of public-use forums for the content posted by users.
CNN further reports that Brutcsh claims he did not think about what he was doing, and failed to take the advice of many who told him to stop. He claims his activities started with soft-core porn, but escalated into something entirely different.
Brutsch is the same individual who is responsible for the widely condemned Reddit forum called 'Jailbait,' which featured pictures of teen girls that were posted without their knowledge or consent from either the girls or their families. Brutsch told reporters at CNN he was sorry, he did not say what he was sorry for.
According to the report, Reddit stated in an email that it follows all legal requirements, including the report of any illegal activities to the proper authorities. The debate regarding this incident and the nature of free speech has also come under controversy. Brutsch hasn't been charged with any crimes.
Al serves on the Board of Directors for The Clergy Project, and is the former Georgia State Director for American Atheists, Inc. He is a retired journalist and the author of "Free Thoughts - A Collection Of Essays By An American Atheist" and "A Voice Of Reason In An Unreasonable World - The Rise Of Atheism On Planet Earth." Al began writing in 1985, starting with the New York Times. In 1993 he joined a McClatchy newspaper, writing a weekly column for ten years. His writing continues to be widely distributed on the Internet and in print. He also produced and hosted a weekly syndicated radio broadcast for three years and was the founder and President of the former United Atheist Front, Inc., which functioned as a civil rights organization. Al is a former Southern Baptist Pastor, having served two churches and as pulpit supply for three counties. Currently, he writes for The God Discussion, hosts his own blog on WordPress, submits content to a variety of publications, and co-hosts "American Heathen Radio" and "Reap Sow Radio." Al lives in Peachtree City, GA., a suburb of Atlanta.
Seek and you shall find …
Notes and Announcements
GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between. See our about page.
This week's poll: Will humankind ever evolve beyond war? Take a second to vote in our current poll.
Dimensions, with Sheri Lawson: The spiritual path and Mayan calendar are Sheri's topics for the New Age segment of the God Discussion show on December 4.
View the calendar for upcoming shows and guests.
Get Our Daily Feed
Get our daily news and article headlines by email or RSS feed. Subscribe to God Discussion
Recently posted …
- Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli's extremist views
- Baptist Pastor still in hot water over sexual assault suit
- Louisiana court strikes down private school voucher plan
- Cutting scientific research and development will wound the nation both spiritually and economically, says Bill Nye, the Science Guy
- Think you or your teens are possessed? Call the Catholic Church's exorcism hotline.
- Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Sheri Lawson's Dimensions this week on the God Discussion show
- Shopping With Satan: Grocery Store Evangelists
- Child marriages challenged in Malaysia after wedding of twelve year old