The New York Times reports that the Republican Party may nominate Mitt Romney as its presidential candidate two days early due to concerns about Tropical Storm Isaac and fears of a possible disruption during the roll call vote from Ron Paul supporters attending the Republican National Convention next week. The president of USA Christian Ministries and author of "Making A Strong Christian Nation," Pastor Steven Andrew thinks the Republicans should nominate Ron Paul for president at the convention.
Andrew takes issue with Mitt Romney's Mormon faith, claiming, "If Republicans nominate Mormon Romney, who thinks Jesus is a created being, the spirit brother of Lucifer, then Christians should abandon, by mass exodus, the Republican and Democrat parties, and join the Constitution Party." He thinks "God sent Paul to help Americans," and asks, "but will Americans listen?"
According to Andrew, there are seven reasons why Ron Paul is America's best presidential choice:
- God's Blessings: Scripture Teaches to Chose Christian Ron Paul –"Paul would bring the Holy Spirit to the White House, not so with non-Christians Romney or Obama. Scripture teaches to vote for Christians. (2Chronicles 19:2, Exodus 18:21, Psalm 1:1, 2Corinthians 6:14-18, 1Corinthians 6:1-5, Mark 12:30, Galatians 1:9, Matthew 28:19-20…)," he says. Our Founding Fathers said Americans should "select and prefer Christians for their rulers." Christians agree with Paul's positions the most.
- Republic: Paul Knows He Serves "We the People" — Jesus calls government to serve "We the People." Luke 22:26 says, "he who governs as he who serves." The attitude of serving is foundational in our Christian Republic ("…to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God…") Paul believes the USA is a Republic, but Romney and Obama think the USA is a "democracy," in which mob rule determines policy, not serving. Our Founders warned democracies become corrupt.
- Better Jobs and Economy: Paul Creates More Jobs –Americans must get out of debt for jobs creation and for economic growth. Paul will cut the debt. He has a track record of voting against tax increases and voting for transparency. Paul leads to audit the Federal Reserve. Obama and Romney haven't.
- Freedom and Liberty: Paul will Restore American Liberty –Paul believes in American liberty. Romney and Obama remove liberty.
- Constitution – Paul Follows the Constitution –Paul believes Americans have the Biblical and Constitutional right to jury trial and free speech. However, Romney and Obama think Americans can be put in jail for life without a trial in NDAA. Veteran Brandon Raub was taken into custody for free speech this week.
- Remove "Obamacare": Paul Believes "Obamacare" is Unconstitutional –Paul opposes "Obamacare" in his heart. Americans are gullible to think Romney would remove "Obamacare" since Romney made the blueprint for "Obamacare."
- Bring the Troops Home: Paul Believes Christian War Principles –Our Founding Fathers taught the Biblical war principles of a defensive war. Paul believes what Jesus says. Paul also believes: "Go in. Win. Get out."